Saturday, March 15, 2008

More on Hidden Dirt

Cleaning Refrigerator Coils: I was not a happy camper when I found out my refrigerator coils could not be cleaned with a brush or vacuum. What were the designers thinking? Oh right. They are depending on my laziness to not clean those coils which means the refrigerator breaks down sooner which means I replace it more frequently.

     Those coils must be cleaned a minimum of once a year preferable twice. If your coils cannot be reached with a vacuum cleaner or with a bottle brush then renting an air compressor is your only option. Please be kind to Mother Earth and clean the coils to extend the life of your refrigerator. Remove the back and blow the dust and dirt from the coils using a lower pressure setting.

     While you have the compressor rented, it doesn't hurt to clean dryer hoses and vents. Move the washer and dryer out and give the floor a good cleaning as well. Use the same bottle brush to clean the drain pipes to prevent them from clogging. Yes pour a cup of Nature's Miracle down those drains after they have been cleaned.

     Still have an hour of time left for the rental of your air compressor? Then blow the winter debris out of your gutters. Yes it is fast.  I've also used it to blow dust and dirt out from window enclosures and my sliding glass door. Call me lazy if you want, but if there is shortcut that makes life a bit easier yet still does a great job, I'm going to take advantage of it.

This article may only be reprinted giving full credit to Mary Findley and her website at www.goclean.com Copyright @2008 All rights reserved worldwide. 

No comments: